Where to log in:
Tips and Tricks for Recording Assignments
- When recording find a quiet place.
- Disable the background accompaniment and solo part when recording. (you can find this information under the Tracks heading.)
- Only use the metronome when recording.
- Set up the Chromebook so you can read the music easily.
- Take as many takes as you need to get the score you want.
- Submit the best recording of your takes by hitting the submit button.
- What do I do if my recording won’t submit? If your recording won’t submit, first save a recording of your best performance. Then try to refresh the browser and see if you have the option to submit again. If you still don’t have that option, you can email the saved version to your teacher to be graded manually.
- What do I do if I can’t play it at the correct tempo for the assignment? If you are unable to play the assignment at the correct tempo, you should practice the assignment at a slower tempo. Choose a tempo that you can play everything correct and then slowly increase the tempo until you can play it at the assignment tempo.
- It is picking up a lot of “wrong” notes. What Should I do? Make sure that you have disabled the Accompaniment and Solo Part Tracks. You can do this under the “Tracks” heading. You should only use the Metronome for recording assignments. You can use the other tracks when you are practicing them.
- I’m getting a low score but playing all the right notes. What should I do? When you submit your assignment, it also sends the teacher the audio file of your performance. The score you receive from Smartmusic is a base score. Your teacher has the ability to change the score if needed.